On August 31, 2018, PPOA President Brian Moriguchi and Executive Director Wayne Quint met with York executives and managers as well as representatives from County CEO’s office. The purpose of the meeting was to address complaints received by PPOA from injured workers primarily concerning denials of claims and medical treatments, cancellations of prescriptions and unresponsive case workers.
PPOA is grateful for the many responses from retirees and active employees after our request for information about experiences with York, both good and bad. It was very helpful to bring them real-life examples of the frustration felt by injured workers. York agreed to follow up with the complaints that were sent to PPOA and respond to the injured workers. If you have not yet sent your experiences to Brian Moriguchi, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Our goal is to ensure injured workers received proper care for their injuries sustained on the job.” states Brian Moriguchi. “These county employees have dedicated their lives to the county and it is now time for the county to care for their injuries.”
This was actually our second meeting with York. The last meeting occurred over a year ago and we primarily addressed the lack of response by case workers. York implemented changes based on our complaint, but we were unaware of the change until recently.
York created an “Escalation Process” that allows injured workers to take their unresolved issues or lack of response by case workers to managers at York. The CEO’s office also agreed to accept calls from injured workers who are still unsatisfied with their experience with York so they can follow up and address any issues.
Below is the contact information for York managers. If you are having difficulty reaching your case worker or are unhappy with the handling of your case, please contact one of the following:
· Silva Barragan: 626-463-6112, email@example.com
· Ronette Bell: 626-463-6145, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Elaine Ellison: 626-463-6117, email@example.com
· Veronica Giacomin: 626-463-6163, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Melissa Greco: 626-463-6129, email@example.com
· Kimberly Kirksey: 626-463-6202, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tiare Tamehau: 626-463-6151, email@example.com
· Mary Ann Vanegas:626-463-6135, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dezi Coffey: 626-463-6170, email@example.com
· Matthew Howard: 626-463-6171, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Avo Deukmejian: 626-755-8025, email@example.com
If the problem is still unresolved, please contact the following representatives from the County CEO’s office:
· Alex Rossi: 213-738-2154, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Pamela Kennedy: 626-463-6183, email@example.com
· Wendy Purvis: 626-463-6182, firstname.lastname@example.org
If your problem still has not been addressed, please contact Brian Moriguchi at PPOA so we can continue to monitor the treatment of injured workers and gauge any improvements or continued problems.
The meeting today was only the first steps in ensuring proper treatment of injured workers’ cases. York and the CEO representatives agreed to meet regularly with PPOA to address any further concerns.