In the waning months of 1951, a small but ambitious group of deputy sheriffs, county marshals and district attorney investigators banded together to protect their jobs, their ideals and their future.
Today, we preserve the same bond that formed the Los Angeles County Professional Peace Officers Association more than 60 years ago. The integrity behind PPOA’s inception remains the greatest asset of our Association, now more than 9,000 members strong.
PPOA proudly represents Los Angeles County employees of the:
- Sheriff’s Department
- Department of the Coroner
- District Attorney’s Office
- Southern California Alliance of Law Enforcement (SCALE)
- California Coalition of Law Enforcement Associations (CCLEA)
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
- Los Angeles County Organizations of Police and Sheriffs (LACOPS)
- Public Employees Staff Organization (PESO)
- Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
- National Conference of Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS)
- California Peace Officers’ Memorial Foundation (CPOMF)