On Thursday, March 2, the Civilian Oversight Commission for the LA County Sheriff’s Department will host a virtual conference to discuss the Sheriff Department’s Budget Priorities & Unmet Needs for Fiscal Year 2023-2024. This conference begins at 9:00AM and will bring together County leaders, law enforcement professionals, community partners, academics and members of the public to discuss the County’s budget process as well as the Sheriff Department’s budget priorities and unmet needs. The ultimate budget decisions rest with the Board of Supervisors.
Speakers will include:
- Jamon Hicks, Civilian Oversight Commission member & Budget Ad Hoc Committee member
- Sheila Williams, Senior Manager, L.A. County Chief Executive Office
- Jill Torres, Assistant Sheriff and Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Melanie Ochoa, Police Practices Director, ACLU of Southern California
Three ways to tune in:
1. Participate: Register & join the Webex via computer or smart phone. Enter the information requested & the event password: COC123
2. Watch: Tune into the Facebook Livestream.
3. Listen: Call (415) 655-0001 and enter the access code: 2592 740 7893